A Brief Historical Sketch of Holy Trinity Church

Episcopal services were held regularly in Pawling as far back as 1898, with clergy services shared with our neighbor, Christ Church, Patterson, for most of the period from then until 1968. Holy Trinity Church was erected in 1937, and the parish incorporated in 1938 as a dependency of Christ Church. It was reincorporated as a separate parish in 1956.

The congregation grew and was able to add an office wing, followed by a parish hall on the second floor of the office section. Part time clergy served the congregation until 1997 when the parish entered the Diocesan Congregational Support Plan, which enabled it to call a full-time Vicar.

In 2002, Holy Trinity rededicated the church interior after a major restoration project, funded by bequests, donations and memorials.

For a more detailed history, please see THE BEGINNINGS.